KNSFHP 1174 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Soccer terminology and rules
- Basic skills of the sport such as
- Dribbling, passing, and receiving the ball
- Offensive and defensive strategies
What to expect:
- Active playing of the sport for most class sessions
- Your skills will be evaluated by the instructor
- Written exam to access knowledge of terminology and rules
- Physical fitness
- Better understanding of a sport
- Improved self esteem
- Learn leadership and cooperative skills
- There are 32 panels on a traditional soccer ball—one for each county in Europe.
- Brazil holds the World Record for winning the World Cup the most times—5 times!
- The original World Cup was made of papier-mâché. After heavy rains in the 1950 World Cup it had to be replaced with a different material.
- It’s common for a soccer player to run about 6 miles each game. That is equal to running back and forth on a basketball court 350 times!
- United States Major League Soccer made its debut in 1996, shortly after the wildly successful 1994 World Cup was hosted by the United States.