KNSFHP 1188.01 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Safety and injury prevention
- Rules of the game
- Grip and racket control
- Stance and footwork
- Strokes, serves and returns
What to expect:
- You will be actively engaged in the sport
- You will be playing singles and doubles games with classmates
- There will be a class tournament at the end of the semester
- Your skills will be evaluated ongoing
- The final exam includes both skill assessment and a written exam
- A great overall workout – cardiovascular and muscular strength improvements
- Increased energy
- Improved confidence and self esteem
- Helps improve cognitive processes
- Improves problem solving skills
- Social opportunities
- Tennis originated in Great Britain
- Traditionally women wore full length dresses while playing for the Wimbledon tournament.
- Tennis racket strings were once made of cow and sheep guts
- Henry Austin was the first player ever to wear shorts in 1932 at Wimbledon.
- The longest match in the history of tennis was played between John Isner and Nocolas Mahut at Wimbledon in 2010. It lasted for about 11 hours.
- The shortest match in the history of tennis was played between Susan M. Tutt and Marion Bandy. It lasted for about 20 minutes with Susan M. Tutt winning.