KNSFHP 1152.01 (1 credit)
Limited to women only
What you will learn:
- Basic steps and variations for Foxtrot, Cha-cha, Salsa, Waltz, American Tango and Swing
- Appropriate partner dancing
- Timing and rhythm patterns for dances
- Maintaining a “line of dance”
- Cultural paradigms and how they relate to certain dances
What to expect:
- You will dance with a partner
- Your dance partner will change for varied experiences
- You will take some online quizzes on Carmen
- Increased confidence in your dance abilities
- Improved mental acuity
- Greater flexibility
- Improved endurance and overall health
- Burns calories
- Stress reduction
- Meet new people
- Ancient Egyptians used dancing for both entertainment and religion.
- Harry Fox invented the Foxtrot
- Break dancing originated in the south Bronx, New York, in the late 1970s
- The cha-cha is an offshoot of the mambo. It became popular in the mid 1950s.
- Professional dance is today regarded as one of the most demanding physical abilities and sports.