KNSFHP 1147 (2 credits)
What you will learn:
- How being fit and healthy can improve your quality of life
- Principles of physical fitness
- Cardio-respiratory endurance
- Muscular strength endurance
- Low back health
- Body composition
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Cardiovascular health
What to expect:
- You will create a complete fitness program for yourself
- If course is taken online, study requires discipline and accountability
- Fitness and wellness can become a habit – a way of life
- You know how to design your own workout program
- You have confidence because you know what you’re doing when you work out
- On average, it takes about 12 weeks after beginning to exercise to see measurable changes in your body.
- No matter how poor your current level of fitness, you can start an exercise routine and become fitter and healthier at any time.
- Walking at a fast pace burns almost as many calories as jogging for the same distance.
- Muscle is about three times more efficient at burning calories than fat, even when at rest.
- You should always breathe correctly when exercising. It is said that underwater swimming is the only time you should hold your breath during physical activity.
Exercise is more effective at increasing your energy levels than caffeine.