KNSFHP 1141 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Selection and use of equipment
- Various knots
- Types of climbing
- Climbing techniques
What to expect:
- You will be actively engaged in the drills and activities of the sport.
- Your instructor will be assessing your skill progress throughout the semester.
- Attendance and participation are a key component of the grade.
- You will have a midterm and a final exam.
- Total body workout
- Develops lean endurance muscles
- Stabilizes core muscles
- Boosts performance in other sports
- Enhances problem solving and planning abilities
- Develops greater focus and concentration
- Builds interpersonal skills – team building, leadership, and communication
- Climbing became a recognized sport in the 1880s in England.
- Climbing has its origins in mountaineering, a necessary skill for reaching some of the summits around the world.
- Climbing competitions usually involve trying to find the quickest way to scale a rock wall.
- Climbers are often employed to fix or maintain wind turbines, as it is usually cheaper and more efficient than using machinery to reach the turbine.