KNSFHP 1158.02 (1 credit)
- Credit for KNSFHP 1158.01
Equipment (students must purchase for class):
What you will learn:
- Safety and injury prevention
- Definition of key points and terminology
- Body prep for tumbling
- Understanding basic biomechanical principles underlying intermediate tumbling
- Advanced-Basic to intermediate tumbling skills
What to expect:
- The instructor will assess your skill level at the beginning and throughout the course
- You will perform skill tests for the instructor to evaluate
- You will perform a basic routine using the skills you learn
- Improves coordination
- Develops agility and flexibility
- Builds muscular strength
- A fun and effective workout
- Improved mental focus and concentration
- A better understanding of physics
- Tumbling is a form of gymnastics similar to floor exercise but without dance elements.
- Ancient Greeks and Romans performed tumbling skills for fitness and amusement.
- Tumbling skills are key for performers in the circus arts.