KNSFHP 1175.02(Slo-pitch)(1 credit)
Credit for KNSFHP 1175.01 or EduPAES 1175.01
What you will learn:
- Refining skills learned in 1175.01 such as
- How to hit the softball
- Throwing and catching techniques
- Fielding skills
- Base running techniques
- Advanced strategies
What to expect:
- You will participate in assigned drills
- Your skills will be evaluated by the instructor
- You will participate in actual game play
- Total body conditioning
- Anaerobic strength
- Upper body development
- Increased flexibility
- Improved self esteem
- Develops leadership skills
- Softball originated in Chicago in 1887, introduced by George Hancock
- Earlier names for softball were Indoor Baseball, Mushball, and Kittenball
- More than 17 million people play softball in the U.S.
- Softball is played in more than 140 countries and was first played in the Olympics in 1996. The U.S. won 3 out of 4 appearances at the Olympics. The game has been dropped and reinstated and continues to be questionable for future games.
- Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan played mushball (the 16-inch version of softball) while she taught at the University of Chicago Law School.