KNSFHP 1148.08 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Safety and injury prevention
- Concepts of aerobic exercise
- Punching techniques
- Kicking techniques
- Kneeing techniques
- Combining the techniques into an aerobic kickboxing routine
What to expect:
- You will be actively engaged in the fitness activity
- Your instructor will assess your skills progress throughout the semester
- You will be performing the assigned routines with the class
- You will have some outside assignments between class sessions
- Total body workout
- Learned skills can be applied to self defense
- Boosts confidence and self esteem
- Relieves stress
- Increases energy levels
- Cardio kickboxing is an aerobic workout that combines dancing, punching, and kicking set to upbeat music.
- Although its roots are in martial arts, there is no body contact in cardio kickboxing.
- Cardio kickboxing began in the 1970s because of the popularity of both martial arts and fitness programs.
- An hour long session can burn 300 to 400 calories.