KNSFHP 1157.02 1 credit
- Credit for KNSFHP 1157.01 or EduPAES 1157.01
Equipment (students must purchase for class):
What you will learn:
- Refinement of skills learned in 1157.01 such as:
- Grip, stance, and addressing the ball
- Putting, chipping, and pitching shots
- Adapt swing for various clubs
- Expanded history, rules, and terminology
- Introduction to course play
What to expect:
- Regular practice of learned skills in indoor golf cages
- Your progress will be analyzed using video
- Your skills will be assessed as part of your grade
- Burns calories
- Stress relief
- Lower risk for injury than other sports
- Adds to your social life
- Business relationships are fostered on the golf course
- Lifelong activity
- Golfers who walk and carry their own bag burn 721 calories, golfers using a pull cart burn 718 calories, golfers walking with a caddie burn 613 calories and golfers riding in a golf cart burn 411 calories on average.
- Every year, roughly 125,000 balls are hit into the water surrounding TPC Sawgrass’ world-renowned island green 17th hole.
- The odds of making a hole-in-one are 12,500 to 1. The odds of hitting a hole-in-one twice in nine holes is one in 64 million, and it was done by Kassandra Komma, an Oakland University student, in May 2013.
- Samuel L. Jackson negotiates a contract clause for every film that allows him to play golf twice a week.