KNSFHP 1195.02 (1 credit)
Credit for KNSFHP 1195.01 or EduPAES 1195.01
What you will learn:
- Intermediate level of Hatha Yoda
- Continued development and practice of postures and skills learned in 1195.01
- Yogic philosophy
What to expect:
- You will learn the importance and techniques of yoga breathing
- You will explore relaxation and meditative postures
- You will develop awareness of the body, mind, and spirit
- You will be evaluated on your progress throughout the course
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy, and vitality
- A more balanced metabolism
- Possible weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory improvement
- Improved athletic performance
- Protection from injury
- Yoga is a combination of different postures, breathing patterns, and meditation.
- Yoga is an ancient form of meditation; an awareness practice that synchronizes body, mind, and breath.
- The word yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word yuj, which means to unify or to yoke.
- A 2008 market study in Yoga Journal reports that some 16 million Americans practice yoga and spend $5.7 billion a year on gear
- Studies show that yoga reduces the risk of heart disease by improving arterial flow. Similarly, studies show that yoga also helps treat diabetes, high blood pressure, and asthma