KNSFHP 1191.02 (1 credit)
Credit for KNSFHP 1191.01 or EduPAES 1191.01
What you will learn:
- Refinement of skills and knowledge learned in 1191.01 such as:
- Rules of the game
- Passing – forearm, overhand
- Setting and Blocking
- Serving and returning a serve
- Gameplay strategies
What to expect:
- You will be actively engaged in playing the game
- You will be part of a team of players
- You will be assessed on the progress of your skills throughout the semester
- You will play in a class tournament
- You will have a written portion of your final exam
- Playing volleyball is a good aerobic workout
- Increases metabolic rate
- Improves both upper and lower body strength
- Builds agility, coordination, speed, and balance
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Improves interpersonal skills – teamwork and leadership
- Boosts mood
- Volleyball was invented in 1895 by William G. Morgan.
- It was originally called Mintonette.
- First played at the Olympics in 1964.
- Most volleyball players jump about 300 times during a match.
- The longest recorded volleyball game was in Kingston, North Carolina. It took 75 hours and 30 minutes.