KNSFHP 1158.01 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Safety and injury prevention
- Definition of key points and terminology
- Body prep for tumbling
- Basic biomechanical principles underlying tumbling
- Basic tumbling skills
- How to perform a routine of tumbling skills
What to expect:
- The instructor will assess your skill level at the beginning and throughout the course
- You will perform skill tests for the instructor to evaluate
- You will perform a basic routine using the skills you learn
- Improves coordination
- Develops agility and flexibility
- Builds muscular strength
- A fun and effective workout
- Improved mental focus and concentration
- A better understanding of physics
- Tumbling is a form of gymnastics similar to floor exercise but without dance elements.
- Ancient Greeks and Romans performed tumbling skills for fitness and amusement.
- Tumbling skills are key for performers in the circus arts.