KNSFHP 1169.09 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Safety and injury prevention
- Basic start and box stance
- Brush knee twist
- Yang 24 simplified short form
- Philosophy and underlying theory
What to expect:
- You will be actively engaged in the sport of T’ai Chi Ch’uan
- Your instructor will be evaluating your progress throughout the semester
- You will be skill tested as part of the final exam
- The final exam has a written component
- Overall health and wellness – the mind-body connection
- Improved muscle strength
- Greater flexibility
- Improved balance
- Aerobic conditioning
- The origin of T’ai Chi goes back to the Taoist priests.
- T’ai Chi was originally developed in China as a self-defense strategy or martial art.
- T’ai Chi has been practiced as a form of exercise for about 2,000 years.
- One translation of the term “T’ai Chi Ch’uan” is “Boundless Fist.”
- Qigong combines breathing exercises, relaxation, and meditation and is often taught in conjunction with T’ai Chi.