KNSFHP 1137 (2 credits)
What you will learn:
- The social and business values of understanding sports
- History, rules, and strategy of a variety of sports
- How to identify issues that affect the spectator and spectator behavior.
What to expect:
- Interactive class discussions
- Possible field trip(s)
- Attendance at a sporting event of your choice
- Ability to converse with others about various sports and related teams
- Motivation to participate in a sport or to be more active
- A greater understanding of human motivation through observation
- A sense of camaraderie with other fans
- Inspiration to improve your own sport or activity
- The first professional baseball team was the 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings.
- Golf balls have dimples because the significantly decrease the drag on the golf ball as it flies through the air.
- Woody Hayes coached the Buckeyes to four national championships and 13 Big Ten titles.
- Coach Paul Brown led the Buckeyes to their first national championship in 1942.
- Ohio Stadium’s current seating capacity is 104,851.