KNSFHP 1148.06 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Rhythmic aerobic techniques
- Understand safe and effective aerobic activity
- How to compute target heart rate and use the data as a tool for achieving fitness objectives
- Zumba workouts
- Body sculpturing
What to expect:
- Nearly all classroom time will be spent doing a physical activity
- Develop and implement personal fitness objectives
- Track and log activity throughout the semester
- Pre and post testing of your fitness and your body composition
- Improved muscular strength and endurance
- Skills learned in this class can be used for ongoing health and fitness
- Development of a personal training regiment
- Listening to music while exercising can improve work out performance by 15%.
- Cardiovascular exercise helps create new brain cells. This improves brain power and brain activity.
- Exercising on a regular basis helps boost your immune system. This means you’ll get sick less often than people who don’t exercise.
- If you’re someone who has trouble sleeping or staying asleep then working out is your answer. Exercise helps to clear your head and helps you feel relaxed.