KNSFHP 1148.02 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Safety and injury prevention
- Proper techniques and form
- How to build/improve run times
- Understanding of the influence of exercise intensity, duration, and frequency on improving cardio respiratory endurance
What to expect:
- You will be actively engaged in the fitness activity of jogging.
- You will work to increase your time and distance.
- Your instructor will assess your skill progress throughout the semester.
- There will be a written portion of the final exam.
- Improves heart and lung health
- Improves mental performance
- Helps boost the immune system
- Improves bone health because it is considered a weight-bearing exercise
- Women make up 56% of all joggers in the United States.
- Jogging burns an average of 100 calories per mile, depending on weight, conditioning, and intensity of training.
- People in the U.S. spent a total of 3.06 billion dollars on running/jogging shoe footwear in 2014.
- More than 45 million pairs of shoes were sold in 2014.
- The average retail price for running/jogging shoes in the U.S. was $67.94 in 2014.
- The Copenhagen City Heart Study conducted over the past 35 years showed that jogging can add five years to your life.