KNSFHP 1156 (1 credit)
What you will learn:
- Safety and injury prevention
- Equipment knowledge
- Rules and Officiating
- Passing and receiving
- Offensive and defensive strategies
- Offensive and defensive patterns
What to expect:
- Game play on the field
- Skills assessment
- Cardiovascular fitness as a result of running, sprinting, etc.
- Muscle conditioning – varied movements work different muscle groups
- Improved agility, flexibility, and balance
- A 145-pound person burns approximately 525 calories an hour playing flag football on the field.
- The first organized flag football is thought to have been played in the 1930s.
- Flag football is played worldwide, and the International Flag Football Federation is the national governing body for flag football.