1139.09 Introduction to Caving
No Experience Required!
This Caving course is for the individual that would like to have a first time experience in a wild but explored cave. We will cover everything you need to know about basic cave geology, animal life, and how to select and use the proper equipment for a safe trip of this type. We will not be walking through lighted passageways. You will be using headlamps and helmets. You also will be traveling through a number of passages that will be very wet and muddy and will at times require you to do long belly crawls. The course will include a weekend day trip.
- All class sessions are mandatory. Any student not attending the first class session of a course will be dropped from the class and replaced by others that are on the waiting list and in attendance of the class. Each student is responsible for adding or dropping any classes with their college.
- All classes require an additional trip / activity fee. All trip / activity fees must be paid in full by the end of the second class session or a $10 late fee will be charged.
- There will be no refund of any trip or activity fees at anytime.
- You will be required to pay a $10.00 non-refundable (Cash Only! – No Checks!) deposit of the trip fee to register.
- Class room session times, locations, dates, trip dates, and fees are subject to change. There will be no refund of deposit or trip fee if this is required. A current OSU e-mail address will be used to contact all students enrolled in a class for notification of any changes.