KNSFHP 1140.11 (3 credits)
What you will learn:
- To respond and handle tough situations when 911 help is unavailable
- Assessing patient’s medical needs
- Environmental medicine and wilderness rescue
What to expect:
- 80 hours of course work done over 8-10 consecutive days between semesters or weekends during a 4-week period
- Practice skills with hands on simulations
- WFR certification presented upon successful completion of the class
- Be able to help care for people in emergency situations, possibly saving lives.
- Certification requirement met for certain professional settings.
- Confidence in your abilities to respond to emergencies.
- WFR certification is valid for 3 years